Now Playing - Films!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jon in SW Ohio, we agree: The Shawshank Redemption is the best movie out there. Maybe it just made such a huge impact on me when I was in that late teen phase a few years back with it came out, but I have always LOVED that movie.
Heather, I haven't seen The Professionals, but will put it on my Netflix queue.
I watched ONCE last night and want to download the soundtrack now! Some of the music is a bit redundant - chord progressions, etc., and since this was a 'musical' I thought that it was a tad bit distracting, but overall an excellent film.
Original, thoughtful, touching, and realistic on more levels than most American made movies.
I have to admit, Im a foreign film whore ;)

"Once" is a great fillum... also, Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova are coming to Oz for the Sydney Festival playing the Opera House... woo hoo!!!

I'm getting schooled in the excellence of Fight Club. We're all doing work in the computer lab and playing it over the projector, people were digusted I haven't seen it...

Hey all..just got home from seeing 'UP'. I know it's been out for a little while, but I just decided to treat myself to a movie today. It's one of those little films with a great big message. I loved it. Only problem was I kept looking for orchid species as they were making their way in South America. That would be and orchid person for you.(lol) For anyone who hasn't seen it...I definitely recommend it. Another great animated Pixar film.:D

--Allen--

So has anyone gone to see Avatar on iMax in 3D? (It's amazing!) :drool: I think this RealD technology is a lot better than the old Red/Blue kind.

I watched Harold and Maude yesterday. I hadn't seen that one for a long time, but it was as quirky and as good as ever. Ruth Gordon was amazing! :)

Latest posts

Back