November CPs Photo

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
paphioboy said:
Hi! Wow! Ur (previous) collection of neps is huge! =) But, what do u mean by nep. Miranda will alwiz b a male plant? does that mean that there are no female plants ever recorded?(",)

Yea I wish I had not given them away especially N. Rajah. N. Miranda is a male plant and will always be a male plant! There are no records of a female N. Miranda. Plus, I think it is a man made hybrid as well.

Jon in SW Ohio said:
How odd, I just got a N. Miranda at our orchid society christmas party last weekend. Now to make it big!

Jon

I wouldn't worry about that Jon. Under the right conditions, N. x Miranda get pretty big! 16 inch pitchers!

smartie2000 said:
Nice CPs! Now I really have to get some for the garden. I just need to figure out how to get them to grow in zone 2. Overwintering in my somewhat heated garage??
I have a Nepenthes sanguinea and venus fly trap right now.

Good start on the CP. N. Sanguinea is a very nice plant! If you are in Zone 2, I would definately overwinter in the garage or put it in the fridge! I'm in Zone 6 and I put my plants in the garage for the winter!

kentuckiense said:
I'm overwintering my flytrap in an unheated garage. So far, so good. Well, I'm a few hours away from said garage, but my parents say no rot yet.

I killed the hell out of my Darlingtonia californica, though.

Well good to hear! Make sure the soil is not too wet just damp and spray the plant with fungicide as well. Can't say much about Darlingtonia California though cause I haven't successfully grown it yet. I'm still working at it though... ( the 3rd time is the charm! )

Paphioboy,
Here's a pic of my N. Truncata 'Pasian Highland'.

138-3865_IMG.jpg

Here's another picture of N. Rajah (I use to own):
rajah.jpg

damn I miss this plant...

unfortunately, Eric, species nepenthes can be more difficult to obtain here than paphs... I find very few vendors ever offering nepenthes for sale... n most of them are hybrids like ventrata, mixta or Mirranda... rest assured, if only i could get my hands on merriliana or bical, i will surely get it!! ;P

my Nepenthes sanguinea is has brown spotted leaves and is starting to get black leaves....it also started sending out new plant babies in the moss, is the main plant going to die off? Humidity is probably the issue for me :( I have it growing under fluorescent lights with my paphs. Do you think planting it in a wider container so that water evaporating from the moss will help ease the issue?

I really like the N. Rajah, the pitchers are so dark, ...really unfortunate its gone

smartie2000 said:
my Nepenthes sanguinea is has brown spotted leaves and is starting to get black leaves....it also started sending out new plant babies in the moss, is the main plant going to die off? Humidity is probably the issue for me :( I have it growing under fluorescent lights with my paphs. Do you think planting it in a wider container so that water evaporating from the moss will help ease the issue?

I really like the N. Rajah, the pitchers are so dark, ...really unfortunate its gone

the main plant is not going to die off. The main plant will continue growing as well as the basal shoot. You could try planting N. Sanguinea in a wider pot.

Latest posts

Back