International Bog Garden - Japanese Style!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boggy Updates

A couple more things in flower, an orchid and a sundew.

Calopogon tuberosus - easy to grow and flower. I started with just 2 tubers 4 years ago and now have around 10 plants.

CalopogonTuberosusFLS.jpg

Drosera filiformis, another southeasterner of the USA, feeling displaced, but not so unhappy it won't flower.

DroseraFiliformisFL.jpg

Mature pitcher on this unknown hybrid. I was calling it S. Dixie Lace, but I'm not so sure now. There definitely is S. minor in there, but I'm unsure of the other parents - very likely some S. purpurea and maybe someone else...

SarrDixieLacePit.jpg

WOW!!! GReat pictures and gorgeous plants!!!

I got 2 drosera capensis some days ago and I would like to get a couple of pinguicula too! But the sarracenia (I think purpurea) that flowered does not produce the fat red veined pitchers it had last year, but thin green ones with a big "wing". Is it normal or there is something missing in conditions needed???? TY for any help!

WOW!!! GReat pictures and gorgeous plants!!!

I got 2 drosera capensis some days ago and I would like to get a couple of pinguicula too! But the sarracenia (I think purpurea) that flowered does not produce the fat red veined pitchers it had last year, but thin green ones with a big "wing". Is it normal or there is something missing in conditions needed???? TY for any help!

More sun, as much as you can give them with 6+ hours optimal. These babies grow in full sun in the wild.

More than once I've heard the color is associated with pH.
Mine have also turned green, but I am unwilling to experiment.

Latest posts

Back