non-gmo blue orchids {Phals}?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After the first reading, I thought that the company said that the chemical was supposed to induce blue flower for all the life of the plant..... Now I understand that only the flower on the same spike will be blue. It is more logical.

But so artificial... I would rather buy plastic blue flowers if I want something so unnatural!

Saw some of these at the Manatee River OS show. Yikes! The link says they aren't dyed, but they certainly look it- just like colored carnations. The vendor had some in their display, but we made them take them out per the show rues. They also said they wouldn't bloom that way next blooming. So whatever it is that induces the color must be repeated at each spike initiation???

I personally thought they were hideous, but can believe that non-orchid folks would go nuts over them.

They have been here in Europe for a good year, they are clearly dyed with a needle...its true that here hybrid phalaenopsis have become the cheapest mass market plant; nowadays they sell for about 10€ in every mall.. clearly its difficult to make a profit.. the new blue phalaenopsis sell for about 25 € , to candid buyers they look trendy and they bring in more money.:)

Back