Newly Awarded

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gcroz

2yr HCC Awarded Stud
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took this Paph. Chiu Hua Dancer to the Boyleston Judging Center and was awarded an HCC (78 pts.). I'm very excited and named it "Abbie's Whiskers." The flower reminds me of my Maine Coon Cat Abbie's long whiskers. Anyhow I digress.

The plant is gigantifolium x sanderianum and I purchased from Glen Decker. It is a first bloom seedling. I was assured that it was legal, although I don't even know what the current status of gigantifolium is. I'm planning on doing a selfing and maybe play around with making some crosses.

Anyhow, I've probably bored you all to death. Here's a picture:

Attachments

• Abbie's-Whiskers.jpg
    Abbie's-Whiskers.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 150
Why would you even think this information would be boring?!

Great name, beautiful flowers, congratulations on your award!

What will you cross it with?

I'm also curious to see what future bloomings will bring. At the center, the judges stated that gigantifolium can have up to 16 flowers! It would be really cool to see this plant have 16 flowers at once!

Very nice!!! But... Per last trustees meeting, the AOS will probably nullify this award since it has gigantifolium- a naughty species.

wow did they request papers at judging? I am very surprised they awarded this cross as there has been much fuss lately about the legality of the majority of the gigantifolium seedlings and their hybrids here in the US

ps-Dont self it. thats the last thing i would do with it. find some other multi species or hybrids to outcross it with.

Back