Chiu Hua Dancer "Abbie's Whiskers" Update

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The issue of Decker's Paph gigantifolium has been changed since last fall at the JC Meeting. As long as documentation can be provided that the parent was from his origin, the awards will be honored in the future.

The primary worry from the AOS perspective is that while judging plants of questionable legality (or their hybrids), judges take temporary ownership of the plants and could be legally in jeopardy as a result. I personally disagree with that conjecture, but would not like to find out the hard way.

This must be an issue of State law since what constitutes possession from a legal standpoint can vary. I discussed this issue in the thread about Judging that I started. I'd be curious to discuss this with the lawyer who stated that was the case.

Also, it seems that AOS is going to work with those of us that have had his plants and our awards nullified. To me, on top of Orchids Magazine, makes membership 100% worthwhile!

Did you see how many times gigantifolium and unknown hybrids were imported? :p

LOL, yes......I would prefer that all species and hybrids could be accepted for awards and if the plant police wanted to deal with the issue, the exhibitor would have to prove the legal origin. The pre-CITES I listing days were exciting times, now we are just sitting on the sidelines and lusting.

Wow, what a mess, and no doubt clouded even more by the fact that I recieved my copy of Orchids magazine yesterday and they have in the article about FCC's of the year an FCC awarded p. Chui Hua Dancer?????? Doug

This just in! Seems the award will be re-instated!:rollhappy:

Today's email from AOS:

We will check the records and see if that file ever actually got into the old system. If it was nullified before it got to me it won't be there. If not we'll have the record. If the record already exists, we simply remove the nullified indicator and we'll send you an invoice. If the award record isn't in the old system, I'll put it in the new system and fill in the details. We will then send you an emailed invoice in the next billing cycle (I would think early in May). I will get back to you next week after I get back from the Wichita meeting.

Ron

Now just need to bump it up to AM or FCC on it's second blooming...

Latest posts

Back