New to this board

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mkline3

Hi there, this is Meg. I am a college student studying biology in northern Virginia. I have grown all sorts of orchids for about 4 years, and this year I have really started getting them to bloom well for me. I grow about 100 total, 70% under lights in a spare bedroom, and 30% in my room without supplemental lights.
I have the "usual" collection, but in the past year I have focused on species phals, and paphs. I do very well with dendrobium hybrids and have re-bloomed all of my phals, and all but one paph. Though I love them, I have very little luck with cattleya hybrids.

I am a member of 2 orchid societies: Hollin's Hill Orchid Society (alexandria va) and the National Capital Orchid Society.

When I am not tinkering with my orchids I am training for triathlons and open-water swims.

I would have to say that my favotire paph. species is henryannum, and I don't think I could pick a favorite hybrid. (Though I love the sequentially flowering types- I like long-blooming plants).

I have been reading the posts and loking at the pics on this forum for a long time, so I am happy to join you all!

-Meg:)

Meg,

Welcome from Chicago! Which U in N Va? I went to GW, lived in Fairfax. Was a member of HHOS and NCOS too. Great clubs. Al out in Leesburg has a wonderful Phal species selection.
I have an odd, dark triathlete story, but will only tell it if someone begs.

-Ernie

Glad to meet you Meg! Welcome to the forum! You are quite ambitious! Good luck!

Welcome, Meg! You've found a great place to learn all about slipper orchids. Don't be surprised if you find your collection increasing after seeing some of the fantastic things posted here!

THanks for all the nice greetings!

Here are a few pics of my main growing area.

Attachments

• PA210019.JPG
    PA210019.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 11
  • PA210020.JPG
    PA210020.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 7
  • PA210029.JPG
    PA210029.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 12
  • PA210017.JPG
    PA210017.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 9
Somebody's right at home in the 3rd pic! My 3 Goldens wouldn't look any different!

Latest posts

Back