New Humble beginnings

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! Is the new growth on the Akai Ryu still as dark as the older leaves on that window?

fantastic! told ya New World had some good stuff!

Yup can't go wrong with them. Dr. Lehr was always awesome to order from. I'm glad Kristen is carrying the torch

Nice! Is the new growth on the Akai Ryu still as dark as the older leaves on that window?

There are two new growths. Unfortunately, I think their growth process slowed a tad because they are still trying to get used to me. Also three of the older growths are blackening :confused:. I think they will be ok though

I'm glad to see postings on Neofinetia on a Slipper forum! Your narrative and pictures are also entertaining. Thank you!

I'm on a slipper orchid forum and I don't have one slipper yet. Go figure. I'm trying to be highly selective with my plants now. However, there are a couple of paphs i am entertaining but that will be later on when all of our moving boxes are empty.

We're not exclusive...we take all kinds! ;)

That's why I love this forum!

Updated List:

Neo. var. seikai (NWO)
Neo. var. benisuzume (NWO)
Neo. var. benikanzashi (pending confirmation from NWO)
Neo. var. kisuzume (pending confirmation from NWO)
Neo. var. shutennou (R. Bedard)
Sedirea Japonica var. minmaru shima (NWO)
Phal. amboinensis var. flava (Big Leaf)
Phal. violacea (Big Leaf)
Phal. Yaphon Perfume (Big Leaf)
Dionaea Muscipula var. akai ryu 'Red Dragon' (South Bay Traps)

Last edited:
Hey, wanted to show you an Akai Ryu someone else is growing, just look at the bottom of the first post here http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=26992

SFL - Thanks for sharing those photos. That plant looks great. Mine on the other hand i believe just started to get used to me. The two new growths finally started growing again and its been drinking water like crazy. However they are not fully red yet? All of my plants (neos phals and all) are sitting in an east facing window. It been cloudy some days. I'm wondering if the VT needs more light? or is it still in the getting used to process? or a combo of both?

I do like the all green one in the third to last photo. But i had lunch with my better half yesterday and she kicked my ass all over the place and realty on my windowsills at this point have a waiting list.

Updates

Updated List:

Neo. var. seikai (NWO)
Neo. var. benikanzashi (NWO)
Neo. var. kisuzume (NWO - Pending)
Neo. var. shutennou (R. Bedard - Pending)

The current Neo / Sedirea / VFT tray. Prime real estate. More sunlight than kitchen no tree outside blocking sun part of the day.

benikansashi from NWO right out of the box and came freshly potted :D

The Phal / false shamrock tray.

Two more neos in the pipeline and i think i am done. After that that is it. My better half opened up a can of whoop-ass on me during lunch yesterday.

Thanks for looking.

SFL - Thanks for sharing those photos. That plant looks great. Mine on the other hand i believe just started to get used to me. The two new growths finally started growing again and its been drinking water like crazy. However they are not fully red yet? All of my plants (neos phals and all) are sitting in an east facing window. It been cloudy some days. I'm wondering if the VT needs more light? or is it still in the getting used to process? or a combo of both?

I do like the all green one in the third to last photo. But i had lunch with my better half yesterday and she kicked my ass all over the place and realty on my windowsills at this point have a waiting list.

Probably a combination of both, I'm guessing that you don't have space outdoors for it? Just give it the most sun possible and it will be happy :)

With you optimism powering the Rangers; if I get a tiny Paph in bloom I'll gift it to you. :D

Go rangers!

We have to see on the paph. I literally have no more room on the trays there are two large neos coming in. Plus Maria knows you and she may unleash the wrath next time she sees you again. :poke:

We should catch up over dinner or something. I work in the city now just north of grand central terminal.

Two more...

I lie....3 more

Left from R. Bedard - Shutennou
Right from NWO - Kisuzume

I repotted the one from Robert. Roots were all over the place more root than leaves. Thanks Robert!

The kisuzume is in spike :eek:

Third in transit from Orchidweb

All non-phals get supplemental grow bulb lighting for an extra 8-10 hours weekend and on the weekdays i remember.
List:

Neo. var. seikai (NWO)
Neo. var. kisuzume (NWO)
Neo. var. benkeimaru (Orchidweb)

Bedroom (shaded east)
L to R : Dionaea Muscipula, benisuzume, kisuzume, benikanzashi, shutennou

Bedroom (shaded east)
Back Row / L to R: seikai, benkeimaru, minmaru shima
From Row / L to R : Dionaea Muscipula, benisuzume, kisuzume, benikanzashi, shutennou

Kitchen (shaded east)
L to R : Yaphon Perfume, violacea, amboinensis var. flava

Last edited:
Rangers won Game 6 against Tampa.

Time for an update.

MSG will be wild this coming friday. I am staying away from there. Rangers lost every single playoff game I've been too this season.

Neofinetia Falcata :
Neo. var. seikai (NWO)
Neo. var. kisuzume (NWO)
Neo. var. benkeimaru (Orchidweb)
Neo. var. kochou no mai (Orchidweb)
Neo. var. kinboshi (Orchidweb)
Neo. var. hisui (Marlows)

Others:
Masd. Maui Lollipop "Mango"

Thanks Orchidisa for enabling on the kochou no mai!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back