Box store phal #1

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last year I bought a phal to decorate the office at work; weather was dreary so things needed some brightening. Once upon a time I wouldnt be caught dead buying a hybrid phal, from a box store, with no name. I used to have an extensive collection of species in my apartment when I lived up north and North Jersey
Well time moves on and the flowers were nice so I went with it

b00dcd7cbd04c777cfdc1fbba5b61a81.jpg

The flowers are on their last legs, but still pretty, and we are supposed to possibly get 4-8 inches of snow between two storms over the next few days so I felt like looking at and sharing some flowers. This plant was in a tiny pottery catchpot, plastic sleeve pot holding the roots with some moss. I didnt want to repot while flowering so dropped it into this bigger catchpot. A year later and it is firmly attached to the catchpot with no extra media inside. I would just dribble a little water inside every once in a while...

aa1056706138956ac3230a9a87c83459.jpg

31091162351045c571765457897b1fa3.jpg
Hopefully with this last pic you can see all the roots inside and outside of this pot. There is no new media, but the flowers would flag if I didnt keep sprinkling water inside after the buds opened, so it needs a bit more media

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back