New Hampshire OS Special Auction

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charles, you are very kind and I greatly appreciate what you did. George and I were really happy to meet you and have you at the auction. Will have to meet Eric another time. Heather, I told Marty you said hi and he lit up.

Was able to get some hard to find Phals species at excellent prices as I primarily grow and hybridize Phals. Was surprised when an acquaintance walked up and handed to me a tiny Paph glanduliferum he won, increasing my Paph population to 6. It will increase when Holger Perner visits in October. :clap:

Hope to see everyone's plants in bloom posted here and if you could email Marty a copy of the photo, he will greatly appreciate it. You can pm me for his address. Thanks.

P.S. That druryi is gorgeous. You got a great deal.

Sorry Eric. I guess I had the right karma for the win! Actually, it was Charles that came through in the last hour to save the day! A BIG thank you hi Five Charles!

yw

btw rangiku, if you happen to have an extra phal fimbriata, penangirl here was asking me if I had any but my plant had died. I tried bidding on the one at the auction but everyone was bidding everything up.

I divided the druryi and sent the larger piece of it and the paph roebelinii to rick. The d had about 18 growths including new sprouts and had already flowered about six times! I guess it liked Marty's company quite well! :)

OK, I was curious to see how close I was.

though this isn't an exact number for each plant, most things even like the tolumnias were receiving bids of $35-40 and up... even seedlings were getting bid up there. anything that had nice color on pictures, like the phrag besseae and other slippers were getting big bids even if they weren't big plants. oddly, though there was a kovachii hybrid that hardly received attention at first, but think even that received a bid of at least 35-40 (after some coaxing from the auctioneer)

Wow, I missed the continuation of this thread completely!

I do believe I've seen that druryi bloom. Nice choice Rick!

I miss the NH Society. Great group of people and growers. I'm sure this was a tough decision for Marty - I think he's got an article about growing under lights in the NHOS newsletter; I'll have to look for it.

Sacramento isn't bad, but I wish they met on the weekend like NH does. Show coming up!

Latest posts

Back