New Hampshire OS Special Auction

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gcroz

2yr HCC Awarded Stud
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the list of plants from Martin Epstein's collection that will be auctioned off at the NHOS meeting this Saturday.

This is for Pre-bidding only. When pre-bidding ends, it will not necessarily mean that you will have won the auction as the plants will still go up for bidding on Saturday.

Please feel free to ask any questions here.

https://www.charityauctionorganizer.com/auction/nhos

Are we to assume that the flower photos are of that actual plant?
I believe only if it the listing says it is currently in bloom, but I will double check for you, Bob. George and I have seen many of these plants in person and can attest to their quality.

Eric, will we get to see you in person?

Are we to assume that the flower photos are of that actual plant?

No, do not make that assumption. Flowers that belong to the actual plants listed are labeled as "in bloom" or some such phrasing.

However, I can attest to the quality of these plants as I have seen most over the years at the various meetings. Marty Epstein is an incredible grower and his plants are fantastic!

I too have seen many of Marty's plants in bloom on the NHOS show table and in the show. He is a great grower. I was really sad to hear of his wife's passing and the necessity of the sale.

Hehe, we always got annoyed with Marty at the show because he would come late on the day of set up with his plants - including his two ever-blooming Psychopsis Mendenhalls - and we'd already be almost done with the Society display. The last time I was there for pre set-up discussions we pleaded with him to come early! Do you know how hard it is to deal with those wires that need to be towards the top after the display is in place? :)

I am doing the pre-bidding thing and hopefully will bid high enough to survive the in person auction. :eek:
BTW, some of the photos (not in bloom) are taken from other websites.

I am doing the pre-bidding thing and hopefully will bid high enough to survive the in person auction. :eek:
So you won't be at the auction, Eric?

BTW, some of the photos (not in bloom) are taken from other websites.
Yes, putting photos of the orchid in flower helps people who aren't familiar with the plant. The site will come down after the auction. If anyone has an issue with the use of their photo, it's immediately deleted.

Damn so many good things, I think Eric is eyeing the kovachii x dalessandroi and the tolumnia variegata.

P.S Just saw the henry and druyi. My jaw dropped especially on the druyi.

Now for sure all of your rivals are.

:) actually that would be good. i'm good at stirring up bidding at auctions. I would never be able to afford the winning bids of either of those, anyhow and since still unemployed shouldn't be bidding on anything, but if I can get others to bid up then it'll help out the nh club

say, if someone from out of town makes a winning pre-bid and nobody else bids higher in the auction, is there a way to have the plants shipped to the winning bidder?

Latest posts

Back