NEW FCC!!! Marriott Orchids!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slipperhead

Garland
Reaction score
Folks, you gotta' see this! Hadley Cash just earned his third FCC at the annual Virginia Orchid Society Show in Richmond, VA yesterday! Check out his complex Paph. Magic Meadow 'Monument'.

This plant scored 90pts after a grueling judging session (no kidding). Apparently some of the judges thought the dorsal was too large!!!

Congratulations to Hadley! He always puts a wonderful display in our show and has quality plants. He has customers that come to the show primarily to stock up on his plants and fill their home with them! All but 6 of his plants were pulled for judging. Several of the 6 had been previously awarded.

Oh yeah, did I mention the natural spread of this flower was over 17.6cm and the dorsal was 12.8cm!!!! WOW!!!

Another rare occurrence happened at the show. One of the exhibits, put in by Jeff Morris and the rest of the Charlottesville Area Orchid Society (CHAOS) earned a GOLD MEDAL from the AOS!!! This exhibit is AWESOME!!!

The show runs through Sunday at Strange's Garden Center at 12111 W. Broad St. in Richmond, VA. The annual evening gala including a big sale, wine-tasting, horse devors, auction, and art show TONIGHT from 6-9pm! As always, the show is open to public at no cost!

Hope to see you soon!

Garland

Can you pick out the large one???

AWESOME!!!

Don't know the hybrid or the parents, but looking at that dorsal I wouldn't be surprised to learn Paph. Yerba Buena was in the background on at least one if not both sides.

Last edited:
Don't know the hybrid or the parents, but looking at that dorsal I wouldn't be surprised to learn Paph. Yerba Buena was in the background on at least one if not both sides.

Doh. Don't mind me. It helps to read the original post. If I had, I would know that it was Paph. Magic Meadow and of course it has Paph. Yerba Buena in the background. :poke:

These complexes are not my favorite, but I kinda like the pinks in the lower right.

Looks like a great show -- thanks for the link.

Wow, a whole lot of fantastic complexes there. It is massive, but given the choice, I am not sure if I wouldn't choose the one slightly behind and to the left?

Latest posts

Back