Nepenthes

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

cpmaniac

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Great photos, Paul! Very tempted to try a few of these. Would they eat ground up hamburger?
Well, a small amount would probably be accepted without problems. Seriously, I'm real erratic with hand feeding. They do get foliar feed of Maxsea 16-16-16 a couple times a month. Also, a pellet or two of Osmocote dropped in the pitchers seems to give the plants a boost.

Cheers,
Paul

tomkalina

Vendor
Reaction score
Well, a small amount would probably be accepted without problems. Seriously, I'm real erratic with hand feeding. They do get foliar feed of Maxsea 16-16-16 a couple times a month. Also, a pellet or two of Osmocote dropped in the pitchers seems to give the plants a boost.

Cheers,
Paul
Good info. Thanks, Paul.

Djthomp28

Reaction score
That is a stunning pitcher!!

I have one also. Not sure the species involve but it is growing very well. I need to repot and stake it. The plant has gone tall enough that it falls over when it is not hanging.

cpmaniac

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
I have one also. Not sure the species involve but it is growing very well. I need to repot and stake it. The plant has gone tall enough that it falls over when it is not hanging.
You probably know this, but you can cut the vine and root it, if you want a more compact plant. Alternately, if you let the vine droop below the pot, a basal growth will often start.

Djthomp28

Reaction score
You probably know this, but you can cut the vine and root it, if you want a more compact plant. Alternately, if you let the vine droop below the pot, a basal growth will often start.
Thanks! I have heard that I can cut and root the top, but I fear I will some how kill it. It is doing so well. The vine has started drooping and basal growths are growing nicely. Maybe I will try to root the top. It would be nice to have a division. Any tips on the cut and root process?

cpmaniac

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Just cut the top including two or three nodes and dip in root hormone powder, before potting in LFS. After it is well rooted, pot in your regular mix. Sometimes I get lazy and just put the cutting in water and wait for roots...

Latest posts