Neofinetia falcata 'Shutennou' specimen

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

As promised here is a picture of a specimen Neofinetia falcata 'Shutennou' . It is one of my favorite Neofinetia's:

NeofinetiafalcataShutennou6222009.jpg

Robert

That's a big one! Have you ever counted the number of growths? Great job flowering it. Do you have any advice about culture, specifically getting them to spike so well?

I grow mine like weeds, but flowering can be spotty with some - perhaps I'm using too much fertilizer. I was thinking of backing off on water and fertilizer a bit in the fall. Do you think that will help get them to spike better?

wow!! that's jaw-dropping gorgeous!
I can smell the fragrance from all the way here!!! lol :rollhappy:

That's a big one! Have you ever counted the number of growths? Great job flowering it. Do you have any advice about culture, specifically getting them to spike so well?

I grow mine like weeds, but flowering can be spotty with some - perhaps I'm using too much fertilizer. I was thinking of backing off on water and fertilizer a bit in the fall. Do you think that will help get them to spike better?

Yes, Jason here is the "Neo" expert. We have a whole collection of big specimen sized Neo's now. I will ask him to respond to your question.

Robert

unbelievable plant and blooming, still haven't even flowered mine and it's got 10+ growths

question: does anyone know if a selfing of a color variant like a shutenno or other blush color form (not yellow) give you more seedlings or at least part of them with color or will they all be white?

question: does anyone know if a selfing of a color variant like a shutenno or other blush color form (not yellow) give you more seedlings or at least part of them with color or will they all be white?

Actually that is how these purple forms are produced - by seed and secondarily through division. Not surprisingly, there is quite a bit of variation between plants that sport the same name.

Latest posts

Back