Neofinetia falcata "Kibana" progression thread

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jorch

The flowers just opened this morning. Very pale yellow, very hard to capture. Instead of yellow, right now the petals are just "not as white as the regular neo" kind of color. Hope the colors will deepens as the flowers age

DSC_0150Small.jpg

I think this is very lovely!

This color looks very much like the flowers on a 'Kohou' plant I once had. Its flowers started out very pale chartreuse-ish like this and darkened over a period of several days. They never did get very dark, but they were nice nonetheless. I ended up trading the plant away for something else a couple of years ago, and I think I regret it. :p

The darkest yellows I have seen have been on a friend's 'Ogonmaru' plant and on my 'Kikuotome' plant. The color tends to vary from bloom to bloom, so I am thinking cultural conditions (light, temperature etc.) must affect the colors somehow. I haven't quite figured it out yet.

Again, this is very, very nice, Jorch!:clap:

Hi Lanmark, thanks for the compliment! I'll keep updating this thread as the flower ages.

Do you have the "Koka" clone? I'm wondering if the flower color is similar (deeper hopefully?) to Kibana. I am still trying to find a Oogonmaru, these beauties are hard to come by in Canada!

Hi Lanmark, thanks for the compliment! I'll keep updating this thread as the flower ages.

Do you have the "Koka" clone? I'm wondering if the flower color is similar (deeper hopefully?) to Kibana. I am still trying to find a Oogonmaru, these beauties are hard to come by in Canada!

No, I don't have that one. This one in bloom right now might surprise you as the days go by. :)

Too bad you can't drive down to the States and bring home a few coveted varieties, or maybe you can, but not likely without a lot of expensive paperwork(?)

Beautiful. I'd be grateful if you could report on the fragrance. Most of my neos take about three days from opening before they really get the fragrance going.

Go for it! :evil:

Just don't take Eric along....:evil:

Pretty selection. Kibana just simply translates as "yellow flower". I've seen quite few of these unnamed yellow forms and indeed they range from deep yellow- orange, to yellow, to almost white. I would consider them all hybrids - the leaves are off for a pure neo and they tend to flower a bit out of season in comparison with the others.

Day 3, the color is more yellow now :) Also it is very fragrant, just like a regular neo :D

DSC_0155Small.jpg

Hehehe...I am gratified to see it is changing for the better for you. :clap:

Day 7, probably the last time I'll update the picture. :) I think I see another spike coming from the largest fan.. and I have another division of this plant in low spike also! :clap:

DSC_0158Small.jpg

Latest posts

Back