Neofinetia 3 tiger & 1 fukurin

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm the same way. Tenkei being a yellow Fukurin mutation of Gojo, they are basically identical, plus adding to the problem is that not all plants have the same yellow color even under the same growing conditions.
I can't even tell the difference between those and Higashidemiyako unless the latter had pink root tips. lol ok, a little bit of exaggeration there, but, honestly, only things like Fukiden which has relatively wide leaves with very clear variegation is rather easy to identify for me.

I'm the same way. Tenkei being a yellow Fukurin mutation of Gojo, they are basically identical, plus adding to the problem is that not all plants have the same yellow color even under the same growing conditions.
I can't even tell the difference between those and Higashidemiyako unless the latter had pink root tips. lol ok, a little bit of exaggeration there, but, honestly, only things like Fukiden which has relatively wide leaves with very clear variegation is rather easy to identify for me.

Interesting. I usually can tell the difference between Gojo and Tenkei, the later not only having more yellow leaves, but in my opinion is a bit more stout growing - both broader and stronger looking leaves than Gojo. That may just be in my head though. Higashidemiyako is a totally different looking plant IMO - not up to the level of Tenkei or Gojo. Of course Fukiden is king, but others are nice as well.

One other thing with Tenkei, it seems to have more steady variegation compared with Gojo, which has a tendency to grow pure yellow or near pure yellow growths. For that reason I like Tenkei the best of the "cheap" fukurin types.

You are right. The leaves are thicker and broader in the order of Tenkei > Gojo > Nigashide, plus nigashidemiyako has a very different green tone.
But overall, I wouldn't be able to easily tell them apart if there were a bunch of these mixed together with no tags. lol

I've seen some different Gojofukurin and wonder how that could be.
Aren't they all divisions or mericlone??

One other thing with Tenkei, it seems to have more steady variegation compared with Gojo, which has a tendency to grow pure yellow or near pure yellow growths. For that reason I like Tenkei the best of the "cheap" fukurin types.

And Tenkei costs a lot more than the other two in the US.
Still, much cheaper than Fukiden.

I hear Fukiden is quite the diva. lol

Latest posts

Back