Neocogniauxia hexaptera

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tenman

Reaction score
This is a first flowering of this for me. I have flowered the other species in this 2-species genera, Neocaugniauxia monophylla, every spring, and it should be blooming in another month or so. This plant was a gift from a kind grower, a division from their plant two years ago. The flower is now 1 1/8" (2.9cm) across on a tiny plant.These are 'twig epiphytes' and are mounted on sticks with just a small dab of sheetmoss. I keep them in front of the cooler in the warmer months and they are misted to soaking once daily. They get near-cattleya light part of the day, a bit less the rest.

Attachments

• hexapteraclose0512.jpg
    hexapteraclose0512.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 12
  • hexapterafullfront0512.jpg
    hexapterafullfront0512.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 25
  • hexapterafullside0512.jpg
    hexapterafullside0512.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 12
What temp range do you grow these in? I wonder if they would do well for me here.

What temp range do you grow these in? I wonder if they would do well for me here.

More or less cool; 57 nights in winter, 70 days. Summer usually they don't getmu h over 72-75 days and nights in the fifties and sixties

Love this one...veryy difficult to find...years that I am searching for it!I want seedsss!!!!

Latest posts

Back