Need to vent! Prayers needed

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tocarmar

Reaction score
Hi all,
My father now has Hospice in the house! He was released from the VA in Albany on tuesday. Took a very bad turn for the worse yesterday due to pneumonia. I started him on morphine this morning. as he was very weak & trouble breathing. I have been giving it to him every 3 hrs. tonight I will start to increase it to eventually every hour. I am his primary caregiver out of 6 kids and all are now supportive of what I have done to make him comfortable. I know his time has come!! I was expecting it but not this soon.. He has lived a nice life of almost 90 birthday in in Feb.

My thoughts are with you and your father in this difficult time. You are not alone.

Blessings to you Tom

Since moving to TN I've had several family members and friends pass after time in hospice care. It's an individual experience for everyone involved. So even as much support as you receive, at some point I realize that to some extent you are also on your own.

Take Care and be Strong, Rick

Thank you all!! He had a very good life!! 6 children, WW2 vet,worked hard all his life & supported his brothers sister & mother at a young age. He will be missed but remembered for eternity!!!

You are lucky to have a father like that. Not everyone was so fortunate.

Hi Tom,

Sorry to read about your dad. Last year my wife's uncle died from cancer. The illness was mercifully short in duration but not in pain. He was laid out with morphine almost all the time. His family of five, my wife and various others were working all the time caring for him and the emotional toll was heavy. To say it was a tough time is an understatement. When he finally passed there was as much a show of relief as grief.

You are doing a wonderful thing caring for your dad and as bad as it is you will survive and you will smile again.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Tom
Last April I was where you are now. It is a very stressful time in your life and it will all be okay. Later you will find comfort in knowing you did all you could. Prayers with you and your family.
Peace

Been there, too. It's really tough to lose folks you love.

When my father died, the priest said "It's simple. God needs him up there more than you do down here."

Words of a german poet, Rainer Maria Rilke, from 1905:

" Ich lebe mein Leben in wachsenden Ringen,
die sich über die Dinge ziehn.
Ich werde den letzten wohl nicht vollbringen
aber versuchen will ich ihn.

Ich kreise um Gott, um den uralten Turm,
und ich kreise jahrtausende lang;
und ich weiß noch nicht: bin ich ein Falke, ein Sturm
oder ein großer Gesang. "

My own translation:

I live my life in expanding circles
which stretch themselves over things
even if I will not be able to accomplish the last one
I will try to complete it.

I circle around God, the immemorial tower
and I circle for thousands of years
and I don’t´ know yet: Am I a falcon,
a storm, or a very old song.

Wish you the best

Gina

Hi Tom a lot of thoughts crossed my mind when I first read your topic today, but I'm always short on words. I wish you a lot of strength in days to come for you, your family and your father.

It is difficult to lose a loved one, even when you know the end is near and that death is more merciful than a prolonged life in pain. The days after will be difficult and exhausting, but you will have peace knowing that you did what you could to ease his pain, and that his loved ones were with him at the end. My warmest thoughts and deepest condolences are with you, Tom.

Back