need greenhouse floor advise

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there is no way around moving the tanks, plus we hit what appears to be a monsoon after a record drought...... right when I'm gonna pour concrete.

I had thought about using the asphalt rolled roofing but what I am afraid of is that I live in Central Florida and I was wondering if it would make it even hotter in the shade room? One part of the shade room has vandas with 40% aluminet and the other side is for my paphs with another sheet of aluminet on it. I would like to find something that I can put down on the floor. Concrete is out due to zoning because it would be a permanent structure.

wallyworld said:
I had thought about using the asphalt rolled roofing but what I am afraid of is that I live in Central Florida and I was wondering if it would make it even hotter in the shade room? One part of the shade room has vandas with 40% aluminet and the other side is for my paphs with another sheet of aluminet on it. I would like to find something that I can put down on the floor. Concrete is out due to zoning because it would be a permanent structure.

I don't think it would add any heat. The material I was talking about is coated with a mineral sand. Use a light color and it won't absorb any heat. It is really durable and will last for years.

bwester said:
I have a swamp cooler and fogger, humidity is not a problem, plus, its south georgia

Ah ok, I was thinking about it from an Australian perspective. My apologies.

Latest posts

Back