NCOS PAPH FORUM 2024

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those phills are gorgeous!
Jeff Morris Charlottesville Orchid Society, grows exhibition Phrags and Paphs in 5 gallon pots. Also catts. Always show stoppers! Here is a catt of his when he gave a presentation at NCOS a few years ago. He gets so many CCEs and CCMs it frustrates him to have to pay to register them. Should we all have such problems….
IMG_3108.jpeg

Last edited:
Deb-Was Jeff one of the vendors at the Paph Forum last weekend? The one with the huge Mount Toro?
Yes, he was. I’m 98% sure both of the huge phills on the left of the stage were his. It’s characteristic of his growing. He grows phrags in Grodan rockwool mix (many in 5 gal plastic pots) with a couple inches of bark on top to prevent algae. Since it’s inorganic and does not break down, it never has to be replaced and he can ‘pot on’. He says it works well, as phrags don’t like their roots disturbed.
Did you make it there? Sorry I missed chatting.

Yes, he was. I’m 98% sure both of the huge phills on the left of the stage were his. It’s characteristic of his growing. He grows phrags in Grodan rockwool mix (many in 5 gal plastic pots) with a couple inches of bark on top to prevent algae. Since it’s inorganic and does not break down, it never has to be replaced and he can ‘pot on’. He says it works well, as phrags don’t like their roots disturbed.
Did you make it there? Sorry I missed chatting.
Yes, both of those large multis were Jeff Morris'. I helped him bring them in from his van. He mentioned that, I think the Mt. Toro, had two less spikes than last year when brought them in to the PF.

That Mt. Toro was quite spectacular! I nearly bought a good sized division of it, but stopped myself. I’d already been very generous with myself and had to draw the line somewhere. That’s probably why I never got around to chatting-too busy buying the place up! 😂
I was wondering if that was who you were referring to. I had a lovely chat with him. Such a nice man! I hope he will be at the VOS show.

That Mt. Toro was quite spectacular! I nearly bought a good sized division of it, but stopped myself. I’d already been very generous with myself and had to draw the line somewhere. That’s probably why I never got around to chatting-too busy buying the place up! 😂
I was wondering if that was who you were referring to. I had a lovely chat with him. Such a nice man! I hope he will be at the VOS show.
Yes, he will be. He does an amazing display. They are mostly his plants in the display.

Latest posts

Back