NCOS PAPH FORUM 2024

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NY eric
Oh my god there were besseae flasks everywhere!!!!!
couple selling for $25 bucks for flask with 20 seedlings......
You better move it.......
:eek:)
Mwa ha ha......
no no bessys
but there were some decent deals.. and the talks were good...

Can anyone confirm that the sessions were recorded? I didn’t register because we’ve been without power and internet this week due to a winter storm, but now that we’re back up and running I’d love to listen to the presentations.
Skoester:
my understanding is that they did in fact record the talks but i think you have to be registered to have access to the recordings.. and not sure when they are sending out links to the regd peeps.

Oh I see at least three flasks I would buy if I was there! Too bad virtually shopping is not available 😆.

Looking forward to the talks in a few minutes.
It was you just needed to text me :)

- wallisii (humboldtii)
- Desormes x St Ouen
- papuanum

lots of other good stuff...

Tim Culberston was there with lots of good paph seedlings (evidently we can look forward to Fred Clark expanding his paph production - maybe see some evidence in the late spring)

Bill had a bunch of the stuff from his most recent newsletter there... that was convenient ;-)

@FrankRC had a bunch of fun looking stuff...

look at it this way.... you have more budget for redlands... :) :) :)

Oh by the way
Paph Shun Fa Golden got an FCC today
don't know owner or score....
beautiful plant though and big flower.....
worth it to me...
Madhu form deepcut brought that plant... the flower was impressive. color was awesome and needed to be experienced in person to really appreciate it...

It was you just needed to text me :)

- wallisii (humboldtii)
- Desormes x St Ouen
- papuanum

lots of other good stuff...

Tim Culberston was there with lots of good paph seedlings (evidently we can look forward to Fred Clark expanding his paph production - maybe see some evidence in the late spring)

Bill had a bunch of the stuff from his most recent newsletter there... that was convenient ;-)

@FrankRC had a bunch of fun looking stuff...

look at it this way.... you have more budget for redlands... :) :) :)
I was close to texting you when I saw the flasks. Bill will be in Pittsburgh soon. I can get into trouble then. No need to wait for Redlands.

The roads seem ok when I drove this afternoon. They may get icy as it gets colder tonight.
Linus:
can you give me any details on who when the recordings will be available to registrants?
in particular, i want to delve into Ivan's lecture and hoping there are pics he used in his talk on Equagenera Phrags..
thanks

I seem to be a little confused when it comes to Woodstream and their flask. I got a price list that says they only have 3 each flask available. I also see that they brought a couple of flasks of each to this event. So do they only have 3 flasks available? To me, that seems a bit ridiculous.

I was/am under the weather, do its a good thing I didn't make the trip. Thanks for sharing. Luckily I got my Woodstream order in so I can get them at the Deep Cut OS show.

Don’t see any. Vendors not selling many phrags generally this year
Hello! It was great seeing so many of you yesterday.

From the perspective of someone selling, and I won’t try to speak for the other vendors notwithstanding we are on friendly terms, I made a decision not to take that many Phrags this year as I knew Ivan would open a few huge Ecuagenera boxes and have a few hundred Phrags for sale and I was right. It’s tough to compete with that. And Bill was there as well and it made no sense to water down the Phrag offerings further, as well as the prices.

I had hoped to be at Deep Cut and NCOS shows this year but will be in China/Taiwan for the WOC and can’t be at either, selling or buying.

I will try to start a thread here and post as many photos from Taiwan as I can.

Best,

I just received my links to the recording. The virtual attendees have 30 days to view them.

Those who attended in-person may need to ask, if you have not already received the link.

Linus:
can you give me any details on who when the recordings will be available to registrants?
in particular, i want to delve into Ivan's lecture and hoping there are pics he used in his talk on Equagenera Phrags..
thanks
clearsky57 recording is available now for all who registered, you should have gotten an email. If someone wants the recording and did not register, you can still register for virtual and get it.

Latest posts

Back