Mystery Paphs

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Barry

Reaction score
A friend sent these pictures to me asking if I could identify them. The first looks to me like P. Pink Sky. The second is completely beyond my ability to identify, but it may be fun to hear others' speculations.

Vickypaph1.jpg

Vickypaph2.jpg

Regards,
Rick

I agree with you on the first one.

The second one hmmmmmmmm I was thinking maybe Paph Prince Edward of York x sukhakulii??? It looks like it has some sanderianum influence in there, but I would not think it to be straight sanderianum x sukhakulii. And I say sukhakulii, just beacause of the spotting of the petals. It definately is some multifloral, with probably sanderianum in the background crossed onto a barbatum type species or hybrid.

Robert

First one looks like Pink Sky (Lady Isabel x delenatii). Second one could be PEoY or Angel Hair or some kind of sanderianum hybrid by tonsum.

Whatever they both are, they're definitely very nice.. :) :) I wouldn't mind any (or both) in my collection any time... :p Can anyone please enlighten me on the reason the second paph has sanderianum in its parentage..? The petals do not seem to be longer than normal.. Could it be (St. swithin x sukhakulii) instead..?

I was thinking more along the lines of wardii X wilhelminea. What does the foliage look like? Is it a big plant?

I think the 2nd has wardii in it....I've been seeing sanderianum x wardii crosses frequently on ebay......Eric

How about an adductum hybrid, like Claremont or Woessner Braunbear? I couldn't find any pics, but since the dorsal has a lot of colour...

But are real nice, though.

Best wishes, Carsten

Latest posts

Back