My Paphs 2008 - so far

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rudolf, is the flower of hermannii actually so much larger than the plant? The flower looks enormous...
No, it seems to be the angle of vision and the perspective. The photo is focussed on the flower and I was trying to fill the size of the picture by the bloom as good as possible.
The measurements of the bloom are 8 cm (petal span) x 7 cm (dorsal tip to pouch's end). The plant's leaf spans are between 16 and 20 cm.

Best regards from Germany, rudolf.

My Paph insigne 2008

The flowers of Paph insigne seem to be the last Paph flowers to me this year. These flowers aren't as spectacular and big as that of the selected clone 'Harefield Hall' shown here few weeks ago by Drorchid but nonetheless nice. I like these flowers although Paph insigne is a bit aloof of Paph. growers interests.

paph_insigne.jpg

Best regards from Germany, rudolf

Fantastic photo Uri. The flower facing left has the most interesting glistening to it's dorsal, pouch and petal!

... Supardii is not a species commonly seen or sold in Australia. Is it easy to grow? David
I grow it side by side with my other multiflorals like e.g. P. rothschildianum, P. lowii, P. haynaldianum and P. philippinense. It gets no special treatment but like most them it needs its space. The leaf span of a mature fan is about 65-75 cm and the leaves are 4.5-5 cm wide.

Best regards from Germany, rudolf

Latest posts

Back