My mini lowii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
I talked to John M about this plant with NS of 12 inches and flowers of 6 inches, NS. For some odd reason I lost one of the flowers in the middle of the spike. Here it is.

lowii2mini4-09.jpg

and again:
lowii1mini4-09.jpg

I think lowii is a wonderful species. There were a couple in my OS's recent show and I developed an urge to add one to my collection. Great flowers, Rick, even if one went AWOL!

:clap: :drool: sooo nice, compact size plant but full size flowers! :drool: :clap:

Isn't it lowii and relatives that sometimes spontaneously self fertilize? Maybe that's where your flower went! But then again if I bump something off and no one saw me do it...'I have no idea what happened to that one...' lol just teasing you! The rest of the blooms are really nice, and what more could you want than big flowers on a little plant?! :)

Could that possibly be P. lynniiae? Its a relative of lowii (or just a form of lowii) that is much smaller...Eric

I was just introduced to a Lowii in person today, Great looking flowers. I love how the spots are almost leopard like.

Back