My Magic Lantern

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

DukeBoxer

Reaction score
Here are some pics of my Magic Lantern. I think it is fully open, but it might flatten out a little more, it just opened. I have always wanted this plant and actually won it unexpectedly on ebay last year. It is from Tahnh Nguyen. The color is pretty close.

Flower close up
Paph_Magic_Lantern1.jpg

whole plant with another spike on the way...I don't know if this is a division, a first bloom seedling, or maybe 2 seedlings stuck together...that would be cool, two different flowers...I'll post the other flower when it opens, I'd say another 2 weeks.
Paph_Magic_Lantern2.jpg

smartie2000

Reaction score
Beautiful one there! It looks huge
The pouch is so perfect:) and if it doesn't flatten out I still love it because the curves give it character.

It's magic lantern season, I've mentioned mine is in sheath/low bud....maybe next month

DukeBoxer

Reaction score
The flower has flattened out a little more, the dorsal is a little flatter and the petals are not as curved in. Maybe in about a week I will post another picture so that it can finish opening. I will also get its measurements, I think it is a pretty big flower.

-Josh

DukeBoxer

Reaction score
Here is the flower a few days later. It flattened out a little and looks a little darker around the edges. Enjoy!

MagicLantern3.jpg

Close up
MagicLantern4.jpg

Last edited:

DukeBoxer

Reaction score
Wolfdog, did you see a different pic...I copied the right ones I thought but the one of a bonsai came up. Wierd...

DukeBoxer

Reaction score
Here are new pictures with the other flower open

This is the new flower...
ML21.jpg

Here are both together...
ML22.jpg

Here is the whole plant
ML23.jpg

DukeBoxer

Reaction score
yeah, for some reason I couldn't copy from the link photobucket, even though it said it was copying, so I was just pasting the bonsai all over the place...oh well

DukeBoxer

Reaction score
For all of those who talk about fragrance and paphs, I have found that after about a week or so open, the flower has a very soft rosa rugosa fragrance. Anyone else have fragrant ML's?

papheteer

Reaction score
Those are very very pretty. I have one about to open and 2 in low sheath. I hope they turn out as nice as yours. BTW, what is it potted in? Is it in SH?

DukeBoxer

Reaction score
Yeah, I have all of my slippers in s/h, they all seem to like it.

Latest posts