My Image Shack links no longer work

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
Last year some time Image Shack stopped offering a free service for their photo hosting site. Given that I just moved over to Photobucket who provided the same service for nothing. I've just noticed recently though that all my old Image Shack links to photos no longer work. This is despite the fact that my account is still there, as are my photos. Obviously Image Shack have changed it so that unless you pay, all your historical links will be broken. While I have no problem with Image Shack changing to a pay only service, I think they are morally obliged to support the free service they provided previously.

The result is all my posts between April 2011 and April 2015 will no longer have the photos I included. That is a hell of a lot of photos. There is nothing more frustrating then going through old posts where all the photos have gone missing. It is not practical to go back and update these posts. In any case, old threads cannot be edited unless by a moderator.

This is the disadvantage of using photo hosting sites. If the hosting site closes down or changes policy, all the photos in forums likes ours are gone.

Back