Inside of my collection

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great plants. I always like to see how others grow. It does look to be a little crowded, but I have seen much worse. I have a friend that grows under lights in his basement and the plants are packed so densely around the lights that the rest of the room is dark. I told him he has created an artificial black hole. Mike

Thanks I'll be having a move around and a clear around once the reforb is sorted in the greenhouse

Through telling the plants if they do not flower and grow I'll throw them out after some verbal abuse.:rollhappy::rollhappy::rollhappy:

I water with tap water with on a weekly basis with maxicrop seaweed extract the organic one a 150ml to 135lt of water.

I then add if I remember some fertilizer I use a 1-1-1 fert a bog standard cheap commercial feed , when I usethat it's about 5ml most likey not enough to do anything. But find inalways get brown tips when I feed.

In have started watering with a sprayer to help comserve water.

Hi, do you mean mixing 150 ml of maxicrop to 135 lit of water? Looks like a lot of solution there. Thanks

That's the mix I do the maxicrop is just a seaweed extract and for adult and growing on, is 45ml to 9lt of water.
And my water but holds 145lts but then I can get any water out, so fill it to 135.
The maxicrop is purley sea weed extract with no fertilizer in it.
I use it as a root drench and help stimulate root growth which has seem to do the trick.
Hope this helps

That's the mix I do the maxicrop is just a seaweed extract and for adult and growing on, is 45ml to 9lt of water.
And my water but holds 145lts but then I can get any water out, so fill it to 135.
The maxicrop is purley sea weed extract with no fertilizer in it.
I use it as a root drench and help stimulate root growth which has seem to do the trick.
Hope this helps

It does have nutrients like K (lots of this), Ca, Mg and Na. And lots of micronutrients, probably the best source of minerals. And of course, the different hormones.

And depending on the process, it may keep some N in there too.

I use Maxicrop too and was just comparing your solution to mine.

Thanks. Good growing.

It does have nutrients like K (lots of this), Ca, Mg and Na. And lots of micronutrients, probably the best source of minerals. And of course, the different hormones.

And depending on the process, it may keep some N in there too.

I use Maxicrop too and was just comparing your solution to mine.

Thanks. Good growing.

I can see where your coming from, and I agree there are lots of the trace elements and minerals I tit one of the reasons in use it.

I don't consider it a fertilizer more of a tonic.

As a nursery man I agree, and sometimes look in on what I wrote I gloss over things which I shouldn't do.

I task it your mix is weaker than the mix I am doing?

I don't use it every time I water but your 1 tsp/gal is pretty mild anyway. You must have a low TDS tap water. I use a higher dose twice a month with RO water also as a drench.

Well the referb went ahead and took a full four days to do two day of that was bring all the orchids out and putting them back in.

I still have not really happy with the spacing and i think it will take me another few months to be. The Paph bench is sort of how I want it, just need to but the St Swithin back in and then more the top shelve a bit.

Its been a week and already have noticed changes in there Im going to have to water a little more often. I will hopefully have more light in there during the winter months.

Back