My Delrosi flower again after 15 years

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomBEE

Reaction score
My Delrosi flower again after 15 years (new photo at #60)

It had 1 to 2 growth with 1 flower spike when I received it 15 years ago. After flowering, it rapidly developed into 4-5 growth in about 2-3 years. However, it did not flower again no matter what methods I had tried in this 15-year period. Recently it has 6 growth, and I saw something different (and surprising) ......

Attachments

• IMG_0060 (640x360).jpg
    IMG_0060 (640x360).jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0140 (640x360).jpg
    IMG_0140 (640x360).jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Congrats!!! :clap::clap::clap:
tomBEE you've got the wrong screen name, should be PatientSt.Tom!
My fingers are crossed, keep us posted!
Welcome to ST, tell us more about yourself!

Wow 15 years!! Cannot wait to see it. Looks like its going to have two flowers. Perhaps 3 if lucky.

Congrats. Look forward to seeing a photo of it in flower. You are not alone in having trouble in flowering this hybrid. Fortunately for me my two clones flower very easily.

Welcome to SlipperTalk.

Congrats. I have a couple big plants with multiple mature growths in 5" pots. I even had to divide one it was getting so big. I have grown them for 6 years. They haven't bloomed yet but I am patient...

Brother, I know what you mean. I have a few hybrids like that. Welcome to the forum from NYC. Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks! Sure will post it when (and if) it really opens...... :p

Congrats!!! :clap::clap::clap:
tomBEE you've got the wrong screen name, should be PatientSt.Tom!
My fingers are crossed, keep us posted!
Welcome to ST, tell us more about yourself!

Thanks for your blessing! Here is in Hongkong. I keep my orchids in a small open space, without green-house at any ytime of the year. That's why I can only keep one clone for each species/hybrid and that's also why I didn't buy another Delrosi that is easier to bloom again..... :D

Congrats. Look forward to seeing a photo of it in flower. You are not alone in having trouble in flowering this hybrid. Fortunately for me my two clones flower very easily.

Welcome to SlipperTalk.

Jealous on yours! Sure will post it later. :)

Congrats. I have a couple big plants with multiple mature growths in 5" pots. I even had to divide one it was getting so big. I have grown them for 6 years. They haven't bloomed yet but I am patient...

Lol...... Wish you having it bloom very soon! Good luck! :wink:

HI and welcoem cross my fingers for you.
You are better then me, as one of mine is from 02 out of flask and did not flower till now, but it still has only 1 growth

Latest posts

Back