Moving into an old greenhouse!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow - I've gone over some of the last pages in this thread and realize how far I've come in four years! I'm now in the process of moving myself into the next size greenhouse on the same property. It's a long process involving getting the current tenant out again, as before. I also have plants in a temporary greenhouse for me, at the owner's expense since he understands the relative urgency for me. So I now effectively have two fairly large growing spaces, but still not enough room.
I have many pods setting on many crosses, lots of flasks growing out, lots of babies at all stages. I have begun selling on EBay (thanks to all who have begun to purchase from me - hope I've done right by you), and that process is getting a fair amount of my attention now. I have a wonderful woman repotting for me now and watering for me when I must go away.
Things are good! The Tiny Jungle is thriving!
I'll post pics soon of the jungle itself!

I just read through all the threads and am sooo pleased that you're happy
and building up a successful business and a good reputation. Congratulations! I have a self-built 12'x28' greenhouse and it's my place
for peace and contemplation...when I'm not running around doing
this and that. Greenhouses seem to require lots of this and thats.

Puppy Joy is a darling and she does look like a little digger. Dogs are such wonderful friends. Oh, what name are you using on ebay?

my Ebay name and Open House soon!

Hi folks! Well, it's such a busy time for me that I hadn't even read the last post on this thread until tonight. Oooops!

I'm chris1255sf on Ebay.

Concentrating right now on simply listing more, since I do sell most of what I post. The first greenhouse Open House will happen the weekend of July 19 and 20, for any of you in this area! It will coincide with D and D Flowers' Open House on the same property.

Wow! I love looking back over these years of development.
I now have 5000 sq. ft of greenhouses, far more plants and business than I could handle myself. My roommate Tony is now a full partner in the biz and we are active on EBay as Let's Talk Plants. On Facebook we have my original The Tiny Jungle page as well as LetsTalkPlants at The Tiny Jungle on Twitter.
Lots of activity. We sell all kinds of orchids and some other plants. I have a large Begonia collection that we sell from as well. We sell lots of plants from Ecuagenera and love to grow many of them on for ourselves. My original smaller greenhouse is filled with Masdevallias and Odonts and many cool growing plants. We still have my original Paph collection mostly intact but periodically sell some of them. We grow out flasks from others (lots of Chuck Acker flasks are compotted and some becoming individually growing young plants), Sam Tsui, Troy Meyers, Tropical Exotique,
Marni Turkel, Hengduan Biotech. I have a large collection of Dendrobiums and Coelogynes and we divide the latter for sale on a frequent basis. Lots of relatively rare species of both are being grown out during the past couple years and are approaching young plant size. We also have a number of our own flasks coming up. Paphs, and Dendrophylax lindenii.
So, there's the status report for me! I'm up to my eyeballs in wonderful plants and like nothing better than a sunny early evening when I can putter among the plants after a day of work amid them.
We welcome scheduled visits if you are in the area and have periodic open houses. We have now stopped doing shows. Come visit!

Last edited:
WOW! I am envious! A success story like yours is rare in this industry, especially with the cost of living in your neck of the woods.
Someday if you have the time we would love to hear how you did it!

Cheers and congrats,
Jake :rollhappy:

Congrats. I must say that I have gotten a lot of great plants at great prices from Tony via eBay. I wish I had access to your plants on Facebook also.

Great job! I know it's a tremendous amount of work, but it's work you love.

Lucky you!!! Tony is a great guy, and working with orchids I beleive would be a therapeutic job... I got a paph susan booth x sanderianum from tony a month ago that now has grown a pot full of new roots and a new leaf, I'm very happy with it and am looking forward to getting plants from you guys in the future!!! A sincere thank you

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! This community has meant a great deal to me especially during my beginning years with Paphs. Your excellent balance of supportive advice and encouragement and just plain Paph and Phrags addiction has been wonderful.

Back