Mexi with green background

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

MoreWater

Greenhouse walls make for good bokeh backgrounds. This is just another Mexi flower which I grew vicariously (I mean that it's Al's plant in Al's greenhouse and I had nothing to do with it). I'm just posting because I really didn't expect such a clean background and I think the shot is pretty ;)

I agree but I think it would be better cropped, get rid of all that extra background so we can :drool: over the flower!

I agree but I think it would be better cropped, get rid of all that extra background so we can :drool: over the flower!

Seeing a tight view of the flower is nice, but I'm going to guess that Ki was all about making a pleasing image with this rather than merely illustrating the flower at its best. It's not exactly where I'd have placed the blossom in the composition, but my eye still goes to where it is anyway, and it's a peaceful view. The background colors very much compliment those in the flower. Essentially, :clap:.

So I have a question for those of you who grow these things. Are the tops of your spikes yellow?

Photo is a pretty good use of the rule of thirds and major focal point concept. I'd like to have seen the flower a little sharper, but I like the rest being soft-focus and the background matches that.

Latest posts

Back