MAXIMUM tenufolia

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a tenuifolia now for fifteen years or thereabouts. It is nowhere near the size of yours, but it seems to be happy and blooms every year for me. Mine tends to bloom in the Summer, not Spring.

Man that's a pile!! It's about the height of a small kid! Do you know if its potted and sitting on a pedestal or is there some kind of substrate in the middle for attachment of hanging growth?

This would take up too much space in my GH to allow mine to get this big.

Sorry, Rick, I really don't remember. I was too busy gawking/sniffing/trying to get the whole thing in the shot.

I have two plants. One has flowers that look much like this one, the other has very spotted flowers. I have the red one in S/H, and the other is in coconut fiber (the stringy stuff). Both are doing well and bloom faithfully every year about this time.

I have two plants. One has flowers that look much like this one, the other has very spotted flowers. I have the red one in S/H, and the other is in coconut fiber (the stringy stuff). Both are doing well and bloom faithfully every year about this time.

I've seen allot of variation in flower color in this species from plant to plant. I've seen a few very dark flowers with black highlights which I like very much. This was one that I tried to cross with mine, but no seed pod was produced.

Seems to me I've read somewhere that these guys also like to be somewhat crowded in their containers in order to bloom. Can anyone confirm that?

Seems to me I've read somewhere that these guys also like to be somewhat crowded in their containers in order to bloom. Can anyone confirm that?
I've not experienced that. One of my plants has been blooming regularly since I got it when it had 3 growths.

check this one out

Here's another whopper. This one has been growing at the Univ. of Memphis greenhouse for years. It'll be a the Memphis OS show this weekend. Smells like suntan oil throughout most the greenhouse.

DSCF6573.jpg

DSCF6567.jpg

DSCF6571.jpg

Forrest

Latest posts

Back