Mastersianum opening!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
mastersianumCU_zps3ab04425.jpg

Mostly open
mastersinumWP_zps1e80f410.jpg

Whole plant. 14" LS, Total spike height is 19". One new growth started.

This first blooming seedling is the result of a ST cooperative breeding between Uri Baruk and myself in March 2008.

Troy Meyers flasked the seed, and seedlings came out of flask in April 2010.

Sometime in Spring 2011 I moved this and some other seedlings of this flask to basket culture, and started low K feeding (when they really took off). So flask to blooming time is just under 3 years for this plant.

awesome Rick. You should put together an orchid nutrition talk to give to societies if you haven't already. Looks like you're doing some very nice growing there.

Wonderful Rick. Amazing growth rate as well. No one can argue your methods when you can grow an orchid like this so easily and quickly. Most people can't even keep this species alive.

I certainly can't.....I've had a mastersianum for several years now, and it just gets smaller and smaller...despite regular repotting and K-lite. I once had a great mastersianum that came from Paphanatics...bloomed easily, looked great....but of course, kicked the bucket.

Wonderful Rick. Amazing growth rate as well. No one can argue your methods when you can grow an orchid like this so easily and quickly. Most people can't even keep this species alive.
That would be me. I've tried two unsucessfully now. And it's my favorite single-flowered Paph. Well, one of my favorites. It seems like my favorites are the ones I can't grow...

That's absolutely beautiful, Rick. I may have to try your basket culture.

awesome Rick. You should put together an orchid nutrition talk to give to societies if you haven't already. Looks like you're doing some very nice growing there.

Thanks Forrest.

There's an article coming out in Orchids next month. I've been kicking around ideas to integrate the nutrition stuff into a "new and improved" version of the old Paph talk.

Latest posts

Back