mali alba

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer regular malipo. It looks like something is missing.
I'm too used to seeing that dark center of the flower of maliopense, and I think it really gives it that distinct look.

Yes. I have the book I believe.
I also have a couple of seedlings of mali alba, so I am very very hopeful!
Sadly one alba that I really like is apparently dead and lost: mastersianum alba.
alba roth of course has not popped up (only via Photoshop), but hopeful.
If you look at James Fangs Facebook or HOF page, he has an alba St Swithin. But is was made by roth regular X phil alba, and then an F2. It's quite beautiful. I believe Norito did the breeding.
OK, I guess I have a lot to say about albas.
JC

Thanks. Have you seen Olaf Gruss's book on albine Paphs?

Sam (Orchid Inn) has malipoense album, and the price is quite something.
Well, probably quite nothing for those who really like the look of it.
I'm like, meh~

At first, I thought there was an extra zero. lol
but then, it is rare, and pretty much anything and everything has its followers, so...

I like certain paphs in its album form, especially good ol maudiae hybrid, bellatulum (unfortunately rare and quite expensive), wenshanense (cream yellow with no spots) and Magic Lantern album.

For you album freaks like me, Popow will be sending me some soon at reasonable prices. Perhaps Oct if anyone is interested.

It's interesting in its own right and congrats to those who have worked to find and propagate it. I used to have more interest in alba species of things but at some point the glamour is lost. Standard things usually have more character and eye appeal; eventually you have just another plain green, white or yellow flower

Now if I'd discovered one and was able to propagate and sell it, I'd be more interested! ;)

never been interested in albas--we already grow green leaves, green flowers don't really do too much for me. i like color!

i can appreciate the rarity aspect and the desire to own something nobody else has...

and of course some green flowers can be very nice, such as maud's...

Even the plants are gorgeous!
Yes, divisions of these ones were rather expensive.
JC
Yes,overbudget for me....

never been interested in albas--we already grow green leaves, green flowers don't really do too much for me. i like color!

i can appreciate the rarity aspect and the desire to own something nobody else has...

So for you this is more interesting:
A possibile Paph micranthum vinicolor!They said me not flowered yet,so unknown outcome....someway also more rare of mali alba ...probably unique plant:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/35673552@N06/21305392238/in/dateposted-public/

Latest posts

Back