Majestic Tresses

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Viable would mean new white roots, at least new root tips, which can't be seen with this plant. Defintely not a smaller pot. Some of these drier type phrags actually grow in trees in the wild, I would also lightened your mix, do you have any perlite or lava rock?

Go very easy on the fert. with the Majestic Tresses. I fertilize at a much lower dose for small seedlings. It looks very root-challenged.Keep it in as small a pot as possible to keep from further damaging the roots. Don't keep the mix wet,let it approach dryness,so the roots are encouraged to grow and seek water.
Is your fertilizer liquid or dry? If liquid, maybe it has started to precipitate? How long have you had it? I would be very uncomfortable using a product on my orchids,without knowing what it was. Perhaps it would be a good idea to buy a fert, and use 1/2 to 1/4th recommended strength on your phrags, and even less on the Majestic Tresses.

Until recently, I didn't know how different, apparently, Majestic Tresses are from most other Phrags. I just took for granted Phrags were pretty much the same. I'm sure I've been overwatering it while at the same time underwatering the others. I'm still not sure about how to use the fertalizer. It's liquid and OLD - about 4 years old. I'll be getting a new batch. You're all right about the roots. I took that photo of them when I re-potted (6 weeks ago) because they looked so different, almost black, from all the others. Short and thicker too. Would it be wise to change the M T mix, (adding perlite) and re-pot now, since I re-potted so recently?
As for the Living Fire with the seemingly verigating leaves, I've never used any sort of spray on or near it. The newest leaf dosen't have the white lines.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back