Lycaste Athanacia

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A week or so ago I attended the Holiday party of the NJOS, and they gave away an orchid to each paid member in attendance (and had a great dinner!). When our table was called, I was the last to reach the table (they were bringing up plants same number as people for each table) most of the plants were in people's hands except for one or two that I really didn't have interest in, but someone set this plant down to look at another, and I snapped it up! :D I've always liked lycastes and the buds of these looked interesting. (all the plants were either in bud or flower).

Lycaste Athanacia is a cross of Lycaste skinneri alba 'Tom Elegance' x Kurt Servos 'Lisa'. The flower is a beautiful white with just a cast of pink to the petals. I took the first pictures in sunlight and the last in near shade just for comparison. Being mostly white it was necessary to try under exposing quite a bit and doing successively brighter shots until the right balance was discovered. It may have a tiny fragrance some times but i'm not able to tell what it is.

lathanacia1214a.JPG

lathanacia1214b.JPG

lathanacia1214c.JPG

lathanacia1214d.JPG

lathanacia1214e.JPG

Yesterday I came home and decided to sniff the flower and there was a very light but nice fragrance. Don't know just what of since it was faint but it's nice that some scent is there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back