Lunch in Tarapoto Peru

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is what Belinda and I looked at while we ate lunch today.
Overlooking a small part of Tarapoto Peru.
There is a bunch of orchids waiting out there.

tpp-view.jpg

Yeah...i can see something interesting on the top of that mountain...good luck climbing this beautiful places!!!

How the food?
And-
What's in bloom?

The food in Peru is excellent. Just finished having Brochette de Pollo (chicken kabobs), passion cake and delicious local coffee. For the two of us the bill was 23 soles ($8.50)

Have not gotten into the forest yet to see what is in bloom, but we are going for a hike tomorrow near town to see what shows up. Later in the week we are going to a remote area at higher elevations between Moyobamba and the Ecuador border to explore a new area where we should find many species blooming.

I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow.

Beautiful city I was there about 10 years ago, went on to Moyobamba from there, enjoy yourself hope to see lots of pics.

Found this plant today. It is a terrestrial but I have no idea what it is.
The flower spike comes up from the ground and since there are no leaves it is obviously deciduous. Spike is about the diameter of a pencil and 18" tall. There were a half dozen plants spaced a couple feet apart.

bocatoma_1.JPG

bocatoma_3.JPG

bocatoma_4.JPG

bocatoma_2.JPG

bocatoma_5.JPG

I do! When I saw the flower and plant I did think Galendra but I did not know any species were terrestrial. The others I have grown bloomed from the top of a leaved pseudobulb where this one is a spike growing from the rhizome. Maybe later in the season I can go back and see what the leaves look like.

Latest posts

Back