Lunch in Tarapoto Peru

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today we went to Lamas to look at possible places to live. The elevation is about 1200 meters with a climate similar to Moyobamba. Only came across one orchid growing alongside the road. But it is another strange one that I don't know.

lamasorchid_1.JPG

lamasorchid_2.JPG

lamasorchid_3.JPG

lamasorchid_4.JPG

This would be a good place to live. The view from a vacant lot on a high point in Lamas looking north towards Ecuador. The farm fields you see in the picture are mostly pineapples.

lamas_1.JPG

We are leaving tomorrow for Moyobamba and then north to the Cordillera del Condor and the Rio Maranon for 10 days. So no more pictures until we get back to an internet connection. I promise I'll find another orchid to show you.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics! Looks like a great trip!

Would be cool to see Schomburgkia moyobambae in situ! Hope you find some -and take pictures!

OK, no problem. Do you remember where you put it? ;)

They should be everywhere there. by the side of the road, hanging from the roof etc.:rollhappy: Seriously though, looks like a beautiful place and thanks for the pics. Keep them coming!

Mike

Back