Lowii 09

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Paph lowii !!!! Mine has a spike with about 5 buds maybe 6 developing. I can't wait for them to start opening. It's it's first time blooming and it only had that one mature growth and a new one growing faster

OH yea, the 4N's Isn't that what came out of Krull-Smith's breeding? A friend in the society has a lowii from there, huge and she got an AM on it.

I don't think Krull-Smith was the only one putting the juice to lowii. Jeff from Atlanta Orchid Co did it too, and it's been well over a year now that I saw some 1st time bloomers he had. They were still small plants with fairly normal sized flowers, but intensely dark. They weren't awarded, but showed good potential for such young bloomers.

Nice photo of the whole plant! :rolleyes:

1 very old growth, 2 spiking growths, and one unflowered growth (about 6 months old). This years flowers never exceeded 15 cm, and they seem to be aging faster than normal, so although one spike had 5 buds, the oldest flower crapped out before the last flower opened. It's still a nice big show to enjoy.:clap:

Back