Quantcast

Leopard Cub

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

G

Gideon

Guest
I was going through some old pics on my hard drive and came across some baby pics of little Leopard cub which was being hand raised...today he is a stunning young adult.

This was his little den


My daughters feeding him
 
P

Park Bear

Guest
I've always thought I would love to work for a zoo. I've been involved in a breeding program for the Dallas aquarium for desert pupfish which was rewarding but nothing of an animal of this size.
 

Rick

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2006
Messages
12,765
Reaction score
3
Location
Leiper's Fork, TN
Park Bear said:
I've always thought I would love to work for a zoo. I've been involved in a breeding program for the Dallas aquarium for desert pupfish which was rewarding but nothing of an animal of this size.
I used to know some cool guys at the Dallas Aq. One of them was realy into strains of longear sunfish.
 

Ron-NY

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2006
Messages
3,649
Reaction score
1
Location
Saratoga Region, New York
Park Bear said:
I've always thought I would love to work for a zoo. I've been involved in a breeding program for the Dallas aquarium for desert pupfish which was rewarding but nothing of an animal of this size.
I once took a long hike in Organ Pipe Nat'l Monument just to see desert Pupfish in a pond.
 
P

PHRAG

Guest
Wow. The big cats are fantastic! If mine grows any fatter, he will be Leopard sized.
 

bwester

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2006
Messages
1,238
Reaction score
0
Gideon, if i come down there can I play with the leopard???
 
P

Park Bear

Guest
Rick said:
I used to know some cool guys at the Dallas Aq. One of them was realy into strains of longear sunfish.
The guy I knew was Dr David Schlesser...he was a doctor but not a biologist...he was a dentist but hated putting his hands in peoples mouths'. Go figure.
 
P

Park Bear

Guest
Ron-NY said:
I once took a long hike in Organ Pipe Nat'l Monument just to see desert Pupfish in a pond.
Pupfish are great...they have a ton of character and they can take a lot of abuse. I would put 4 females and 2 males in my pond around Memorial Day and I would get about 200 or 300 fish around Labor Day.
 

Latest posts

Top