Lc. Prism Palette ‘Carnival’ AM/AOS (awarded plant Waldor) (Colorama x C. Horace)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I think how all the anthocyanin, carotenoid, and chlorophyll genes have to align to create this pattern on petals, sepals, inner labellum, and outer labellum I really am amazed at this color pattern. I suspect this might have been the only plant our of the Prism Palette to get this coloration. Nicely grown, Deb.

David Off says this is the best of the Prism Palettes. It definitely is more distinctive than ‘Mischief’ They were awarded the AM on this plant. I’m sure it’s the best he’s seen, but to my eye there was one better (different name) at a local show a couple of years ago. Im working on getting a division. We shall see…

When I think how all the anthocyanin, carotenoid, and chlorophyll genes have to align to create this pattern on petals, sepals, inner labellum, and outer labellum I really am amazed at this color pattern. I suspect this might have been the only plant our of the Prism Palette to get this coloration. Nicely grown, Deb.
Oh, I do have another ‘Carnival’ from Orchid Alley. Plato Mathews told me it was a division of the original plant from Fred Stewart. It might be a division of the original, but it’s not a division of the awarded, and so far has not compared to this one. It was not a very healthy plant when I bought it and has struggled.

Beautifully flowered.

It’s interesting to see that these are from the aquinii type intermedias. I wonder how the newer labiate type species of pelorics will change the future of these types.

Leslie:
This is the 3rd day of opening. My NS is 14. The awarded flower registered was 14.5. Petals have a curve, so that shortens it. In any event, it's a lovely flower and I'm happy to have it. I'll take better (natural light) photos today, however, my grow lights are 5,000 K so colors should be true. It's a good grower, so needs to be repotted. I hope that doesn't set back the next bloom. I sometimes have to repot every year because they grow out of the pot. Wish they would sit a while...

Back