Laelia tenebrosa

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeanLux

Reaction score
yes, for me it will continue to be called Laelia, a fine, large plant (not Sophronitis sized!!), that I got in 2005. This year, 2 large flowers in may-june. I like the somewhat apart color! Jean

laeliatenebrosa46259080dc5.jpg

Really nice! The color combinations are beyond striking.

I too will be interested to hearing the details that led to your success--this guy has been on my "in the future" orchid list for years. Only so much room for the big guys at present (as in, next to none).

I love the combination of the colours!!!! Well done Jean... Nice choice...:D

This is my 2nd tenebrosa: the first died a lot of years ago! Since then it was on my to-have list, until I found it in Switzerland in the nursery of Daniel Page ( http://www.orchidarium.ch/ ). He has a lot of very fine plants, esp. Catts., Laelias, Vandas ....

So, this one has grown out of his plastic pot and feels much better now growing in full light, having a lot roots, some of more than 30 cm length; this is all I can tell!!

Jean

There is also a yellow variety that is very beautiful.

Hi Jean,

the bronze/copper and purple colour combination of L. tenebrosa is really stunning - it's one of the most beautiful orchids with just one disadvantage - it's size as a mature plant.

Best regards from Germany, GuRu

Latest posts

Back