Laelia tenebrosa alba

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you serious? Man, I had never seen an alba tenebrosa!! Boy oh boy. I have now!!!
Thank you so much for posting that!! 🤞
Thank you.Only one known plant is at a Japanese grower, mine is a back bulb division.That tiny, 3 bulbs division, what i bought was 500 euros. There are many cone men on ebay and on another markets offer tenebrosa alba but all of them are fake, mostly aurea form.

There are several people with this alba tenebrosa around the world esp Japan and South America. I saw them in bloom at the Japan Tokyo Dome show several times.

I bought a few seedlings from Suwada Orchids in Japan but they are still a few years from blooming. They are not easy to grow.

Orchid Eros had one awarded an HCC a couple years back.

There are several people with this alba tenebrosa around the world esp Japan and South America. I saw them in bloom at the Japan Tokyo Dome show several times.

I bought a few seedlings from Suwada Orchids in Japan but they are still a few years from blooming. They are not easy to grow.

Orchid Eros had one awarded an HCC a couple years back.
Thank you, good news to hear that.

Really, alba form is much harder to grow then normal forms.

This ist fantastic. Congrats! I saw one plant at Regine Elsner three yeara ago. Later she told me that her Alba bloomed and then she sold it. Maybe same plant?

Latest posts

Back