Laelia lobata

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Using information from Chadwick's, DNA analysis confirmed that like most of the Brazilian laelias, lobata is actually Cattleya. This is confirmed by the current listing at Kew where Laelia lobata is a synonym. This species comes from a small area in Brazil and has limited variability for collectors. It requires a lot of sun. It has short pseudobulbs and often 4-5 beautiful flowers per spike. It is spring flowering. I would love to find a high quality plant of this species.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Using information from Chadwick's, DNA analysis confirmed that like most of the Brazilian laelias, lobata is actually Cattleya. This is confirmed by the current listing at Kew where Laelia lobata is a synonym. This species comes from a small area in Brazil and has limited availability for collectors. It requires a lot of sun. It has short pseudobulbs and often 4-5 beautiful flowers per spike. It is spring flowering. I would love to find a high quality plant of this species.

Sorry, I can't find how to edit a posting using TapaTalk Pro that I recently purchased. I wanted to say "limited availability" for collectors, not variability.

Latest posts

Back