Laelia anceps

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitfox

Reaction score
First bloom on this seedling. 5th growth. Tiny plant, loooooong scape, almost 2 feet. The flowers opened very slowly, then the petals all went into full reflex, almost like a dodecatheon. Two days later they have flattened back out a bit, this is the pair, one upright, the other upside down!943C9BD5-50B8-4B94-A3EE-9447C8101204.jpegA29B6A64-7F3C-4758-B684-112F3C380E25.jpeg

If you haven't tested this plant for virus, you probably should.

What makes you say that? Indications? No color break in the flowers and the foliage is very uniform in color. It is a young seedling.

And yes, that is the plant in the white pot, it is small but not as small as this perspective makes it appear. The blooming growth has a 5” leaf.

Last edited:
kit fox, just to be assured that it isn't carrying a virus. It seems that many Catt. Alliance plants are spreading
virus in collections. I'd want my collection to be tested and safe.

Thanks, abax. She’s my only catt ally, but I plan to add more L. species to my collection. My wife told me this morning that it was about time I got a “real” orchid when she saw this one! Here’s the subject lady today after spreading her wings a bit...she looks like a Laelia now!852EF7E6-BD7E-439A-897C-151DA683D128.jpeg

Latest posts

Back