Cattleya mossiae var semi alba

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Or reineckiana of preferred.
This is a seedling flowering for the first time from the strain available from Orchids Limited. This is the second I’ve bought. The first was outstanding so I went back for another. The parents of this strain must be stunning. I’m guessing that these have been line bred for a few generations. This plant crossed the Atlantic last year and we had some shipping delays In Europe so it arrived a bit the worse for wear and with few decent roots. However as you can see from the flower, it’s a very nice thing. It should hold four of these on each growth when mature,
E3F07357-8B30-4276-A3C7-B701C8551EA9.jpeg
David
Ps the flower has just opened and is already 18cm across (just over 7 inches) so a good size.

Thanks Leslie. The quality of these new populations is quite clear. Even the dorsal on this plant is stiff and 3.5cm across. Some one has been doing some serious selection!
David

Holy cow, what a nice flower. The colouration of the lip fro yellow over red to magenta all framed with a white margin - a feast for the eyes. Congrats

Love the fringy petals and the contrast with the straight and erect sepals...not to speak of the fabulous splash of colours of the lip! Congrats
Looking forward to see it grow and develop!

Kind regards, Jens

Latest posts

Back