krazy kat

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
last week I was down in northern nj helping family pack, move clean and do other assisting jobs for a few days. they have a cat named mikey who is normally not too neurotic, but while the movers and termite sprayers were in the house, they kept him in a small room in the basement. (complete with food, water, light, a cat carrier litter box etc) on the last day of moving, I decided to open the door and peek in to see if he was going nutz yet. I didn't see him, so looked in the large cabinet along the wall to see if he was hiding inside; not to be seen! I do see, however a hole in the ceiling not far from a bookcase, and a hole in the ceiling inside the cabinet. I try calling, no meows or anything. I go fetch my niece who gets some food to try and coax him (I believe he was a labrador retriever in a past life the way he likes food..) and I go tell my sister who is fielding one after the other a whole list of things that haven't gone 'just right'.. niece comes out and says that the cat was in the hole in the ceiling outside bookcase, and came out when she put some food on the floor! I go in and put something over the holes while he tries to squirm out of the entrance.

today, my sister emailed me to say that while they were in the hotel with the cat (painting and more being done on new house, new residents have closed on their old house) and went out today the cat disappeared again! after calling the cats' name a few times they hear a 'meeeowerrrr' from behind the gas stove fireplace in the room! they call 'room service' to try and find out if the fireplace can be moved, which it can't (easily). there was a mantel over the fireplace, where there was a big tv on the wall. there happened to be a small hole below the tv about the size of a dvd player and when the maid had come in to do some cleaning the cat had jumped up on the mantel and wormed his way inside the hole and down into the wall! they got some cat food and called his name and just as a mechanic came to the door to check on moving the fireplace, the cat stuck his head out of the hole in the wall! the mechanic saw the cat's head sticking out and went out into the hall, where he was overheard having a very healthy laugh!

sorry,... no pictures :rollhappy:

Cats are cool! They're a royal pain in the arse too! I know...I have one who is only the most recent in a long line of them...all Oriental Shorthairs. :rollhappy:

Yup! That's a cat for you! When I was a kid, we had the house rewired. The electricians made small holes in the walls (old farm house), to guide the wiring from point "A" to point "B". We also had a cat with newborn kittens. .....And YES, that darn cat stuffed all her kittens into one of the holes! Of course, they fell down to the first horizontal cross beam, wa-aaaaay out of reach. My Dad ended up ripping the whole wall apart to get the kittens out. LOL!

A cat will enter into any hole his head can fit in. I used to have a large window that could open like a door in my previous house. One day, thinking the window was open, one of my cat ran the whole lenght of the house, jumped on the window sill only to realize the window was closed. It was very funny to see how his front end could stop litterally on a dime while the rest of his body was still running forward. :)

Latest posts

Back