Delenatii ‘Dumbo’ and Mates

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrLeslieEe

Scholar, Addict and Aficionado of Orchidacea
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I inherited back this plant from a buddy after he moved out west. I originally called him ‘Dumbo’ (the plant, not my friend lol) because the petals reminded me of said ears, big and floppy! He is the first to bloom and following not far behind are his mates, an album and a semi-dunkle, both bifloral.

C4F97453-23CC-468F-9DC5-BA5CB966E700.jpeg D9FFBAF4-A453-44AF-AF37-6BF1746867F4.jpeg B102AFCC-95A4-4FAA-80BB-FA36E5C4D901.jpeg 233C3A5E-320B-4CD3-9408-0331C2A68AB7.jpeg AF0B9395-6482-49C3-B502-9E54EFFF0153.jpeg

What a great P. delenatii and heritage of your friend. It big flat ears suit it well and therefore your clonal name is very appropriate. Congrats

Thanks all. Interestingly enough the delenatiis are the easiest of the parvis to bloom for me, reliably every Jan/Feb, come rain, shine or neglect!

Dumbo is happy where he is now! He just encourages his friends to come out and play.

All beautiful!
Delenatii is the easiest parvi to grow and bloom for many people, and I believe this is because their don't go through cold winter like all the other species in the parvi group.

By the way, does album variety always make smaller blooms?

Thanks all. Interestingly enough the delenatiis are the easiest of the parvis to bloom for me, reliably every Jan/Feb, come rain, shine or neglect!

Dumbo is happy where he is now! He just encourages his friends to come out and play.
I have yet to bloom one. Have killed several over the years...have 3 now that seem to be going strong but that new thing down in the fan is never a bud.

Latest posts

Back