K-Lite experts, please help

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wheweeee! At long last I am starting to understand this ppm thing! As for mixing my scotch with council water, no way! I bring back water from the farm for that, tastes much better. Tomorrow I will hunt down a water test, and if I cant find a recent one, I will send water away for a test.
Now for that scotch ........

OK now we know the actual problem. Do you thing for a minute that your orchids don't know you are keeping the best water for yourself? I suppose you drink it in front of the too?
:sob:

Its all about balance, they live in a nicer house than me, and I drink scotch with better water than them? Or perhaps it is just the fact that the scotch affects my reasoning? :p

Its all about balance, they live in a nicer house than me, and I drink scotch with better water than them? Or perhaps it is just the fact that the scotch affects my reasoning? :p

In the Peruvian Andes the people (all farmers) always offer a small part of an alcoholic drink to the Pachamama (Mother Earth). They do this by tipping their glass to allow a small amount to spill to the ground. As they do this they thank the Pachamama for all she shares. The Pachamama repays this thoughtful act with bountiful crops. It is all about respect.......

It's Earth Day.... Maybe a good day to tip a glass to your orchids?

:clap:

Great idea! I will pour myself a scotch and head to the greenhouse. Any idea how scotch will affect my orchids? I am a bit concerned that they may keep us and the neighbours up all night with enthusiastic singing!:)

Great idea! I will pour myself a scotch and head to the greenhouse. Any idea how scotch will affect my orchids?

They will love it! :drool: Species prefer beer but the Hybrids, being a little more sophisticated, will want to know your Scotch.

I am a bit concerned that they may keep us and the neighbors up all night with enthusiastic singing!:)

You will hear them but the neighbors will not. Party on!

Last edited:
Great idea! I will pour myself a scotch and head to the greenhouse. Any idea how scotch will affect my orchids? I am a bit concerned that they may keep us and the neighbours up all night with enthusiastic singing!:)

I have a feeling that scotch might contribute to root loss, but it would probably kill scale and mealybugs

I have a feeling that scotch might contribute to root loss, but it would probably kill scale and mealybugs

Never noticed it getting rid of scale and mealybugs on me, it has bumped a few brain cells I am sure! All about 'swings and round-abouts', so a few roots for happy disposition is a fair swap.:)

Back