Just booked a trip to Orlando, FL

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the way, I just received a tweet that the Corkscrew Swamp Ghost Orchid is in flower again - four flowers!

---Prem

Now, there's an opportunity - to see a real ghost in flower in the woods of Florida. Honestly, you ought to give at least Corkscrew a go - no fuss, no muss, just an old growth forest of cypress trees draped with epiphytes and HUGE strangler figs. Neat experience for even the seasoned outdoorsy types, but without the "mess" of getting your feet wet.

Also Orlando Wetlands Park and the Tosohatchee State Forest/Preserve on the eastern side of Orlando are good places to see Butterfly Orchids and Jingle Bell Orchids. The Jingle Bells are in bloom right now.

---Prem

That is something I would consider.

Now, there's an opportunity - to see a real ghost in flower in the woods of Florida. Honestly, you ought to give at least Corkscrew a go - no fuss, no muss, just an old growth forest of cypress trees draped with epiphytes and HUGE strangler figs. Neat experience for even the seasoned outdoorsy types, but without the "mess" of getting your feet wet.

When I go to Homestead for Redland Festival, I might consider that. Still, bugs, gators, and more Bugs.

We have encountered very few bugs at Corkscrew Swamp, aside from some butterflies and skipper moths. Even the mosquitoes, which you would expect to find in droves, are almost non-existent. It's really weird that way.

---Prem

Back