July 2014 - Paph stonei Again?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do in the summer when it's hot in the winter I fertilize the same rate as you, are you in a cool climate area?

I grow my stonei in my apartment under a 400W metal halide year round for 12 hours a day! Temperature never go below 20C at night and the days can get up to 26C. It grows year round and seems to slow down during the summer and new growth starts in the late fall.

You grow urs in a very controlled environment. you have a really nice plant, I can't beleive yur having such success with low fertilizing, wow. I'm growing in my room in a 2.5 foot deep 5 feet wide 6 feet tall grow area I made, my temps ate the same as yurs only my nights are 65-66 farenheit I can shoot you a current pic it's 2:00 p.m.

What else are you growing

I also have a Paphiopedilum randsii that I got 3 years ago and it has a leafspan of 23 inches. It grows really steady and should flower next year as I see a new growth finally growing from the base. I also have about 6 rothschildianum growing really well.

I have a stonei seedlings from flask and they are small plants and suddenly got pale yellow for some reason so I decided to water it with plant prod iron chelate.
Hope it turns green like it use to.

Do you know what causes yellow? I have a roth x robinianum seedling that was partially yellow, don't know why

Latest posts

Back